Rigid packaging is soon to be the thing of the past as flexible packaging is gradually replacing all forms of rigid packaging methods. A good example of this would be the flat bottom pouch. This pouch takes the characteristics of box packaging, but is more flexible. Commodities inserted within this flexible packaging type include light weight products.
Flat bottom bags are also referred to as block bottom bags. Flat bottom pouches are produced with high quality films such as PPE, LLDPE, MET, PVC, BOPP and PET to enhance the overall flexibility and durability of pouches. pouch direct produces block bottom bags that are biodegradable and can be recycled. Bags are available in either a stock or custom selection option of which all stock orders have a minimum quantity of 1000 units and custom orders 15000 units. We make use of the rotogravure printing technique and can imprint 600 DPI (dot per inch) hence clear and excellent visual printing is achieved. Flat bottom pouches are more costly than your normal flexible packaging but have a high level of consumer attractive features which will definitely increase turnovers. Sizes variations of pouches include; 100g, 250g, 500g and 1 kg. Metallization or aluminium layers can be added to pouches to ensure that product freshness is maintained. The form of this packaging type provides a bountiful amount of space for product branding and other important information. Flat bottom bags usually makes provision for the following markets, but are not restricted to only these;
- Pet food packaging
- Organic food packaging
- Confectionery packaging
- Powder packaging
- Muesli packaging
Advantage of product use
The use of Flat bottom bags provides companies who wish to invest in them with advantageous benefits such as;
- Flat bottom bags are convenient and are highly user friendly.
- Pouches are produced with lamination and metalized lining that contribute to keeping excess moisture out hence products are fresher for longer.
- The flat bottom feature provides pouch with more stability on shelves.
- Flexible pouches can be customized to suit individual brands and product preference.
- Flat bottom bags are suitable for various products of different markets
- Pouches have a high resistance to pressure, decreasing package ruptures.
- Bags are eco-friendly as they can be recycled.
- Pouches are attractive and can include special gloss features.
- Flat bottom bags are produced as leakage proof.
Visuals and features of product
Flat bottom bags are identified for their very flat bottom surfaces. The pouch takes form once it has been filled. Flat bottom bags are available in a stock and custom selection hence the colours of stock bags include;
The following bag finishes are made available for all flat bottom, bag orders; matt, gloss or shiny. Features that can be added to the flat bottom bags include;
- Re’ sealable zipper or pocket zip options
- One-way degassing valves options (primarily selected for packaging of coffee beans)
- Tear notches (which makes tearing of pouches convenient)
- Pouch window options